Friday, July 31, 2015

Things are coming along...

Sooo, How is everyone's summer coming along? I have had a busy summer and really looking forward to my upcoming beach vacation. I noticed that blog posts are at a all time low. Hopefully, its due to summer and vacations, I would hate to think some of you gave up blogging. I have seen some phenomenal work being done with the  2015 HBS Creatin Contest kit. I have started and stopped, and now started again. Here are a few updates on my progress:

 I started by playing around with the pieces of this kit as if it was a puzzle. I thought why not keep the original structure just move the sliding door. My only problem, I wanted the ceiling raised higher. If you notice from my first brainstorming for this build, I wanted to add a dormer for the top center. That proved challenging.

 








I knew that I wouldn't change the floor plan, so I assembled it and glued it down.











Through my many internet searches I found these:





It gives me the space I need and high ceilings.  














And this one has the dormer. Although it looks more like a slanted roof.
 So I began cutting and joining the two kits together.

















 Figuring out the interior layout.

















 Let's see what it looks like all assembled...

 This is where I am now. Trying to figure out how to put a dormer on top.

I made those stairs using wooden blocks.

I decided that I did not want the whole top floor, so now its a loft. I wanted the ceiling beams to be visible from the bottom floor. And to be able to see the bottom floor from the second level.

 I am obsessed with watching Tiny House shows. This is not quite a tiny house but I am building it with a tiny house concept in mind.
 This is what I have in mind for the dormer. Honestly, I may scrap it altogether...


















Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Love where you are going with the kit(s). I love the double staircase and loft idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Denise Kit is going to look Incredible once you narrow down your choices. Frankly I am Amazed that there exists so many Real Life homes with this type of roofline and with all of the variations of it. It has surprised me but then this is one of the wonders of this hobby; it insists that you explore mew Possibilities that one previously never knew existed.
    Keep up the Great Work!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. and Your idea for the dropped roof to achieve your dormer sounds very intriguing. I NEVER would have thought of that! although I like the look of the grey and black structure too!
      Good Luck :))

      Delete
  3. I love the loft idea and I really hope you don't bin the dorma. I think it would look fabulous. Great work =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like where you are going with this! I think the high ceilings will make for a dramatic effect and I love that it will have a loft space. Lots of room for you to be creative. Once the structure is done I'm sure things will move along much quicker for you :)

    ReplyDelete